Saturday, December 10, 2011

More Cereal Box Recycling

Okay...I saved up quite a few cereal boxes because my kid's preschool asked for them and when I asked if they would like them, was told they didn't need them anymore.  Well, I am a lazy recycler....sorry....but true.  I do not have a designated bin but have a certain day to recycle on...however if my can has trash, which is almost always does, the recycling piles up in the garage.  So in an attempt to be more earth friendly and not just give into the urge to chuck all of the cardboard cereal boxes in with the rest of the rubbish I have been turning them into albums and tags in earnest.

Here is the beginning of one such album, saving and reusing not only two cereal boxes but some hard covers to some empty notebooks as well. 
 I choose to recycle them into my crafting as the kids use up the guts of the notebooks.
 Yes, purple covers like the ones pictured did in fact become the covers for my album in progress.  The pictured ones are actually a second set I have yet to use.
Covered with DCVW Taj Mahal paper and some Colorbok (pronounced ColorBook).

Our favorite cereal.
 You can see in the next picture (slighty fuzzy one) that the album can expand a little. 
Sorry, this picture, I took so many times and it just refused to focus.  My only real excuse it it's late and I am too tired to really care.
 I've just begun to cover the inner cereal box pages.  This album will be pretty clean, not a lot of bling.  I really am not a huge bling person, that and my supplies are pretty low.

It has six pages, only counting the ones not attached to the covers.  It is a basic album construction.  with and extra quarter inch built in for expansion due to pictures, tags or whatever that will bulk up the album a bit.

I plan on using only supplies I have on hand.  So my cardstock will be from the DCVW Retro pack, DCVW Taj Mahal pack and from some solid Colorbok cardstock and whatever is in my scrap bin. 

I buy most of my stuff on sale or when it hits Big Lots, TJ Maxx or Ross but my local Big Lots has drastically scaled down the scrapbooking/crafting supplies and I haven't felt like driving out of town to the other places. 

I am probably more creative with my limited stash anyway as I am forced to be. 

Happy crafting everyone....and I will post an update when I finish my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment