Sunday, September 4, 2011

It is never dull around here.

Yep! A small tornado touched down in my backyard, leaving my privacy fence much less private, my patio screen door now swinging in (hinges are broken), tree limbs and other plant debris strewn all over the place, a giant limb right up next to my bedroom window and had the nerve to steal off with my peppers all around 0530 this morning. 

I am a light sleeper and was woken up by that utter silence that comes before the roar.  Luckily no windows were broken and the tornado was a very small one.  Oh, it did some damage, a few neighbors also got a bit before it petered out a few houses away. 

Definitely a sound and experience I could live without.  We are all fine and extremely lucky that it dropped down in the backyard and not on the house.  I am just glad no one was hurt....I could care less about the damage.  It can all be fixed and what can't be fixed can be replaced or lived without.  Everything that is important is just fine. 

My kids were a bit shook up but are doing fine now.  I am also fine, just dreading the clean up. 

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Labor Day and don't ignore those warnings, watches and alerts your weather station puts out.  Never would have thought a tornado could be so small and do so much in such a short time. 

1 comment:

  1. THat is so scary! Tornados scare me as much, if not more than earthquakes! I am so glad that you guys are okay. So sorry about the mess it left behind. I wish we could be there to help you out.

    ReplyDelete