Thursday, May 5, 2011

Some Handmade Cards, Envelopes and a Mini Journal

I have been busy with kids and other stuff.  Sorry it has been a little while since my last post.  The husband was TDY which always seems to double my duties.

Here is what I have been working on.  I made twice this many Mother's Day card with envelopes but managed somehow to only remember to snap a picture of every other one before they were closed up and addressed to be mailed off. 

It sure can be challenging to pump out unique cards/envelopes on short notice.  I didn't plan out my time or the cards very well.  I just realized that I had to get them mailed out before a certain date so that they would all get to where they were going before Mother's Day. 

As for the Mini Journal.  This was a complete random inspiration while stuffing bags and foil bag into my kitchen drawer after my youngest had a grand time emptying the drawer.  I looked at the brown bags and thought these need a purpose beyond my drawer. 

I haven't used them since I got a air popper for popcorn and I was thinking that I am sure some crafty person has turned these into a mini journal or album so why can't I.  I didn't have any real plan just that I was going to use them folded in half and away I went with my well loved ATG dispenser, white card stock, ribbons, eyelets, brads, my scrap paper bin and various other embellishments/stickers. 

I really, really had a great time making this mini album/journal.  It didn't even make much of a dent in my scrap paper so I imagine I can make quite a few more since I still have some of those brown lunch bags.

Sorry, I will have to apologize because I didn't even think to take pictures of it in its creation but will try to remember to do that with the next one I make since I am sure I am bound to make a few. 

I used a total of six brown bags.  There are about twenty pull out pages to journal or place a photo on and many more spots to journal and place a photo, note, address or number.  It is crammed full of space for writing stuff down and you can always place business cards or receipts in the pockets along with the journal pages.  It is about 6 x 6 inches, so it can easily be stashed in a purse, or handbag to haul around for all of that important information you just feel you need to have with you.   

3 comments:

  1. I love the paper bag journal! That looks lik it was a ton of work! Wow, way to be full of energy and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    I love making cards and books, too. :)

    Good to meet you through the Etsy Blogging Buddies Team!
    I am a new follower. :)

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it require a lot of energy and stuff to make it..However if i need wish to design Gift Card envelopes i'll follow.

    ReplyDelete