Monday, April 23, 2012

Mini in a Day Number 2

Okay, I had so much fun making my first mini that I made another one and quite honestly already plan to make another one and eventually one using mostly my scraps.  These really are super easy to make. 

You just create the pages you want in the sizes and shapes you want.  I make sure to put eyelets evenly spaced on them for later sewing them all together in the format that you want.  The eyelet spacing is every inch and I make sure to get at least two on any given page.  You can make your album as fat as you really want to. 

I make the cover all in one piece and just sewed it on after with the first album and at the same time with all of the pages with my second album.  I also start sewing from my makers tag.  That way if someone tries to cut off my tag showing that I made it, they risk their entire album coming apart.  The tag is an integral part of the binding as it is where my sewing starts and it ends at the button at the front.  I use embroidery floss to sew the albums together doubled over itself. 

Here is the album....lots of photos....every page.   Enjoy!























































If you made it here....that's fifty-five, yes, fifty-five photos.  I imagine just from looking at the album you can see how easy it is to create. 

The paper I used, besides the occasional bit of scrap, is a GCD paper pack from the Melody Ross Collection called Soul Food that I picked up on sale at Joanns.  I am super loving it, it reminds me of my mom but besides that the embellishments are a random pack of rub on "tattoos" picked up super cheap from Big Lots and two dollar bin ones from Joanns that went with the paper or at least I felt they did. 

I will try to do a step by step for instruction purposes when I begin my next album.

Have a crafty, fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment