Sunday, August 14, 2011

Show and Tell 12x12

I created a star template a few weeks back at the request of my oldest.  She wanted to use it to stamp out a background for a picture (her creativity surprises and continually inspires me.) and it turned out really well.   I was going to post a picture of her work but can not find it.  I suspect her younger sister got a hold of it.   Alas back to the template.

I decided to try my hand at using my daughter's star template but instead of using ink (I don't stamp much myself but my daughters have a good selection just not the colors I was looking for) I opted for chalk.   Although it is advisable to have a fixative so you don't smear your chalked background before you get to work on it.

 This is my finished page.  I used the template and several colors and created my own star background.  I also used my fine tip sharpies to write out little phrases I like near the stars.  My camera didn't pick up how glittery the background is.  I used a glittered chalk.  It looks so much nicer and sparkly in person.  I really should have taken the pics near my window but didn't even think to until right now. 
That first circle is driving me crazy being a little off from the rest.  I am trying to ignore it.  LOL!
 I have a tendency to keep my pages pretty simple, even though I really love the look of the messier, crowded, blinged and embellished out pages. I just can't seem to do it myself.  I also have a hard time trying to create pages where your pictures sort of look like they were just randomly dropped on the page.  I can't get away from straightening everything.  I am working on expanding my style but it is hard to break habits. 
I may go back and add some glitter glue to the outline of each of the stars...we'll see.
I may add a journal spot and write out a message to my kid but I am not sure about how I will go about it.  Lately I have been thinking about my pages a little too much and not just letting them happen.  I think they come out a lot cooler if I just relax and let them be.  I seem to have lost some of my momentum.  Oh to get it back.

SOMETHING EXTRA


My oldest is working on this monster picture so we can ship it to her dad (he's deployed). 
I thought this was so funny and cute.  My daughter has quite an imagination.  She tells me I am going to have to write out what she wants to say on it which is, "Dear Daddy, I love you and got this picture for you.  You need to laugh at is because it is so silly.  *heart* " and then she will sign her name.


Hope everyone has a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment